- 10 Things Every PR Portfolio Must Have
- PRSA – PR Portfolios: Putting your best work forward in the new year
- Sports/TV Jobs Demo Reel Tips
- How to make a Demo Reel
- What is an Online Portfolio – Lynda.com
- 6 Portfolio Design Mistakes That Drive Me Nuts
- 10 Steps to the Perfect Portfolio Site – Smashing Magazine
There are MANY options out there. These are just some of the more popular ones. Please do your research and pick the one that best fits your needs. One thing to consider is that you are making a considerable investment, and in some cases, money. Choose wisely 🙂 You will get two main categories, website builders like Wix, Weebly, WordPress and Square Space, and portfolio builders, which tend to have more limited options like Carbonmade, Smugmug for photographers and a slew of others.
- Wix – Free option with limiatations, great drag-and-drop interface, alittle more sophisticated than Weebly, good photo gallery options, templates not as customizable
- Weebly – Free option with limitations, new apps that provide more features, customizable templates, solid responsive template designs
- Carbonmade – great for graphic designers, photographers and other visual content producers.
- WordPress – Great option if you are trying to show proficiency with Content Management Systems. Only paid version is worth it. LOTS of customization options/plugins. Harder to customize but the fact that you are using WordPress in itself a marketable skill. Great development community.
- SquareSpace – Only $$ version available ($8/mo) with BEAUTIFUL templates. Well organized, feature-rich editor and VERY customizable photo galleries. Mobile-ready for every template
- 15 Free Online Portfolio Sites – Mainly focused on portfolio specific sites, and usually lack customization options. Most of them have a “freemium model”, which is a free version with limited capabilities and a paid version with all the bells and whistles.
- Website Builder Comparison Chart – Feature comparison between the top website builders